David Brodbeck schrieb:
Pascal Giannakakis wrote:

ARRRRRRGH!!! FFS!!! I ordered 2 of these, based on availability and the
list, and now i read i might be unsupported! >:( Could NE1 please confirm this card is
running under FreeBSD 5.0?

I'm beginning to suspect there are multiple versions of this card. Some of the websites I've found seem to suggest a card that consists of a removable PCMCIA card in a PCI adapter. What I have doesn't resemble that at all. I've already been burned by the D-Link DWL-650 PCMCIA card I bought for my laptop -- it was on a supported list for Linux, but what I didn't realize is that there are no less than three completely different cards with the same part number! This kind of thing is enough to make you want to give up doing wireless networking under open-source operating systems.

I haven't tried Andrea's suggestion yet, but I hope to this weekend.
*sigh* You are right, David. I was in exactly the same situation, I got blinded by a D-Link 650+. Of course no trace of the mentioned chip in wi(4). After that i tried to find a Linksys card. Well, i found one, but - life can be so cruel - it did not have the listed Prism Chip, it was either AMD or Admtek. 3rd try: SMC 2602W.

Now i got the SMC 2602W (the package says it is version 2 :/ ) which has a Admtek ADM8211 chip on it. BLOODY! I plugged in the card, and hey, of course it does NOT work. "pciconf -v -l":

none1@pci0:8:0: class=0x028000 card=0x260210b8 chip=0x82011317 rev=0x11 hdr=0x00
vendor = 'Admtek Inc'
class = network

Andrea's tip does not help here, as there is no information in pci_vendors what to add exactly in wi_if_pci.c.

Well, who can help now? Where to go next?

PS: David, the next try for me would be MA301 from Netgear. What's yours? Gee, somtimes i am surprised how patient I am!