On Thu, 16 Oct 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I am trying to setup a Lanier LD160c (admincolor) that has a network interface. I am new to FreeBSD and tried to follow the handbook. I am able to print to a HP 5SI (corp-admin) with no problems. There are no errors in the lpd-errs and the file is drained from the queue, but the printer does not print anything. And this is a working printer to Windows. lpr -P admincolor testfile.txt

printcap:
corp-admin|hp|laserjet|Hewlett Packard LaserJet 5Si:\
       :lp=\
       :sd=/var/spool/output/corp-admin:rm=corp-admin:\
       :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
       :if=/usr/local/libexec/crlfilter:sh:tr=\f:mx#0:

admincolor|hp|laserjet|LANIER LD160c RPCS:\
       :lp=\
       :sd=/var/spool/output/admincolor:rm=admincolor:\
       :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

Note here that in the second entry you don't have the :sh: and :mx#0: entries. No :if=: either, but maybe that's because you don't need an input filter for this printer.

At first guess, this printer may be touchy about the print queue name. That's the :rp=: parameter, which is not here at all. There are a couple of KB entries on the Lanier site that say to use "lp".

printcap entries are easier to read if you put one option per line:

admincolor:\
        :lp=:\
        :sh:\
        :mx#0:\