On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Polytropon wrote:

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:56:20 -0200, Gonzalo Nemmi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there an easy way to get man to format the man page using plain good ISO
216 standard A4 page size?

My suggfestion for an attempt would be to first strip any control
characters from the output of "man -P cat <entry>" and then pipe
it to an ASCII to PDF converter (a2ps, if I remember correctly);
this would remove any markups, I know, but would lead to a PDF
output using the system's default paper size, A4 (I hope).

But groff can do A4.  Just as a first pass:

zcat `man -w ls` | groff -Tps -dpaper=a4 -P-pa4 -mandoc | ps2pdf - tmp.pdf

It produces the right media size in the PS file, but I can't really test it because I don't have any A4 paper.

Maybe there's a way to get man(1) to send different options to groff than -t, but I don't know it.