On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 01:02:40PM -0800, Niyi Christ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've being using FreeBSD ever since 6.0 and I am a very good fan. But I got a
> new laptop computer, a Sony VAIO VGN-BX760 that has a hidden recovery
> partition. I've tried all my best to install FreeBSD 7.0 on it but when ever
> I insert the installation CD and it boots from the cdrom, the kernel does not
> come up. Instead, I got this bunch of digits just scrolling down my screen
> indefinitely. The laptop came with a windows XP OS and I am trying to dual
> boot. I want to use the recovery partition for my FreeBSD.
>
> I'll appreciate your help as soon as possible. Thanks in anticipation.

Hmmm.   I was able to clean out two of those once using the fixit
CD boot.   But, if you can't get it to boot at all, it will be
a problem.

Did you try to just bot normally, but look at the BIOS on the
way up?   You may have to set something in the BIOS.   I don't
know the key combination to hit on a VIO to get in to BIOS, but
it should tell somewhere.

////jerry