On Nov 22, 2008, at 5:43 AM, Tom Marchand wrote:

On Nov 21, 2008, at 6:25 PM, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

I am trying to add a IPFW rule to forward traffic but I keep getting the message "ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument". The rule I am trying to add looks like this:

ipfw add 600 fwd 192.169.2.3, 6000 tcp from 192.169.2.3 to any 80

I do have IP Forwarding enabled.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

rule looks OK, but your message clearly suggest you DO NOT have IP forwarding enabled

Interesting sysctl reports that forwarding is enabled:

$ sysctl -a |grep forward
net.inet.ip.forwarding: 1

IP forwarding is enabled in GENERIC isn't it? I am running 6.1- RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE

I'm looking at a 6.2 box that does forwarding. The GENERIC
kernel does not have this line:

options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD

In my kernel, I am using that. Recollection is you need this
specified explicitly. I could be wrong.

To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions- [EMAIL PROTECTED]"