/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/BSDPAN/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm

The BSDPAN/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm file provides one overridden
subroutine, but the rest of the subroutines are loaded from the standard
ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm.  If that file is missing, then it's likely that
your Perl installation is corrupted.

Did you ever run a file utility that removes duplicate files in a
directory tree?  The files are not identical in content, but if the
utility removed based on name only, that could explain why one is missing.

not that I am aware of - what shall  I do rebuild and reinstall my perl 5.8

Cheers,

Noah