dick hoogendijk wrote:

I know, I'm cynical here, but limewire is not all bad!

...and, BTW, Limewire port is readily available for FreeBSD:

http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/ports/net-p2p/limewire

"LimeWire is a fast, easy-to-use file sharing program that contains no spyware, adware or other bundled software. Compatible with all major platforms and running over the Gnutella network, LimeWire's open source code <http://www.limewire.org/>, is freely available to the public and developed in part by a devoted programmer community..."
http://www.limewire.com/about/

Greetings!
O.K.