Jerry skrev:
On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 08:38:02 +0100
Leslie Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How would you guys uninstall a meta-port?

I'm considering a move to kde4 but I want a clean install, so I want
to remove the kde3 meta-port first.

Well, you might try navigating to the kde3 port </usr/ports/x11/kde3>
and running: make deinstall. Alternately, you could try running
something like 'pkg_delete'; i.e.: "pkg_delete -vdf kde-3.5.10".

Well, I tried your first suggestion before I posted, and it only removes the meta-port but none of the ports it has installed. The second suggestion I have not tried because I want it to do a recursive deinstall without touching any ports that are dependencies of other installed ports. Maybe it is as simple as pkg_delete -r, but because I saw what happend when deinstaling the meta-port I felt I needed to ask to be sure. I could ofcourse deinstall kde, kdebase, kdehier and so forth but I'm looking for a smarter way to do it.

/Leslie