I've been automating some routine stuff on my machine and one of them is cvsuping ports-all and pulling the distfiles overnight (while everybody is asleep.) Keeping portupgrade right up to date feels like the right thing to do and I was thinking about adding this to the shell script I'm writing.

This sounds like a chicken and egg question but, can the portupgrade tool safely upgrade itself? In other words, adding portupgrade -Rr portupgrade in the script after the cvsup run.
TIA...

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message