Hello,

Wojciech Puchar wrote:
i already did such things but with NetBSD 1.5 for my Xterminal distro.
it's simple: mount / readonly, put everything here.
in /etc put /etc/rc consisting only
#!/bin/sh
exec /systemrc

in /systemrc put something like that:
#!/bin/sh
echo -n Mounting workstation config directory...
#get your IP or MAC address using ifconfig,grep,cut,awk,how you like
#put to to say MYIP
/sbin/mount_nfs yournfsserver:/clients/etc/MYIP /etc
echo done
exec /etc/rc

Thank you very much, it is now running well after some hardware adventure.

I couldn't find the hostname sent by dhcp, but found a way to find the ip address.

The only problem i have is that the "echo done" and other standard outputs are not visible in /var/log/messages. How can i keep them either in dmesg or /var/log/messages ?

Best regards,
--
Bernard DUGAS Mobile +33 615 333 770