Brian Henning wrote:
Hello-
i have a logitech 2 button mouse with a wheel in the middle.
i would like to get the wheel to work in x-windows, but i can't get the
scrolling to work.
here is what i have done so far.

rc.conf
--------
moused_type="ps/2"
moused_port="/dev/psm0"
moused_enable="YES"
moused_flags="-z 4"

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse0"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "MouseSystems"
    Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
    Option "Buttons" "5"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I have a Logitech Mouseman Optical Dual Sensor (highly recommended, BTW) and it works fine (wheel and all) My mouse has 6 buttons (has a little thumb button that I never use) but hopefully my config will help you sort out yours.

First off, I don't use moused.  Just don't see any need for it.  However,
I think (guessing) that you might do better without the -z option.

Here is the applicable entry in XF86Config:

Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "Auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/psm0"
Option "Buttons" "6"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

You may find that your z-axis (i.e. scroll) isn't the same numbers, try
"3 4" maybe.  I had to do a little guesswork to get mine working correctly
at first.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies