I am in the process of redesigning my organization's network. And, since we will be using mostly Macintosh OS X clients, I am considering using NFS. However, I will need the ability to perform user/group authentication since users may not always log in from the same PC.

Essentially, each user has a home directory which only they, and possibly their secretary, needs to have access to. And, we have directories which groups of people need access to.

From the reading I have done this evening, my understanding is NFSv4 will meet all of these needs. Is this correct? And, is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jay