Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
>> From: Da Rock <rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au>
>> I've tried the driver on 7.0- 8.0 current is out of the question as
[...]
>> The driver patches compiles (iwn-7 from gavin), but when I load it
>> goes through the channels and errors and finally dies with a full
>> page fault.

> for what it is worth
> I too would very much like iwn working on freebsd 7.1, it works ok on
> 8-current

See my previous post to stable@ in December, which was unfortunately unanswered: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-December/047142.html

Short: The version from gavin crashes for me, too, but the initial version from perforce (before vap was introduced) works -- with some issues. There are only very few differences between those 2 versions.

I guess someone with knowledge of vap would have to go through the perforce and current changes to find the stabilizing changes.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik