On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Odhiambo Washington <odhia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For those who are running FreeBSD inside VMWare, I have a FreeBSD-7.1 on a
> hard disk. I also run VMware Wkstn 6.5 running on a Windows XP PC.
> Is there an easy way to import from the hard disk to a guest OS? Suppose I
> have the hard disk connected to the XP box?

If you're happy to leave FreeBSD on its own disk (rather than
importing into a .vmdk), simply create a new VM and tell VMware to
"Use a physical disk" in the "Select a Disk" part of the
configuration. Point it at the required drive and away you go. I have
used this before to allow me to both boot my PC to FreeBSD, and to
Windows with FreeBSD still available.

/JMS