prad wrote:
any recommendations?
i've tried dia and inkscape. the former seems to be good for flowcharts
and general diagrams while the latter is great for all sorts of things,
but i'd like to be able to do accurate geometric diagrams and was
wondering if something more appropriate is available.

I'm not sure it fits what you are trying to achieve, but I do all my drawing-stuff in ipe (graphics/ipe ). All my documents are typesetted using LaTeX, ipe has build in LaTeX support for it's text formatting so for me it is an ideal program. It's a relatively simple editor so I'm not sure if it suffices your needs but you may give it a try. It's a shame the FreeBSD port's version is so old (6.0-pre23 while the current version is allready 6.0-pre31 (or even 6.0-pre32 I'm not sure) though.

--

- Frank