Hi,

Tonight I finally took the bull by the horns and got OpenOffice installed. However, I'm not having a problem that I haven't found an answer to yet but seems to be related to the X server (from searches on the net). So, I do this:

[a...@sniper /usr/home/andy]$ /usr/local/bin/openoffice.org-2.4.2-scalc
I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"
The application cannot be started.
The component manager is not available.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

As you can tell, OpenOffice failed because my OS doesn't support locale "en_US." Huh!?! I'm using the English version. In fact, the only way to consider me as being bilingual is something of a matter of mental gymnastics because English is spoken in England and to me, England is a foreign country. Thus, I'm bilingual, or at the least, I speak a foreign language.

Never the less, how would this be fixed?

Andy