Yuri wrote:
Quoting "Paul B. Mahol" <one...@gmail.com>:

wlandebug(8) for general 802.11 debuging

ath driver have it's own debug options ... documented in source code ....

Thanks!

In the debug log I see the line:
ath0: ieee80211_scan_update: no scanner suppport for mode 8
From source code I see that mode 8 is IEEE80211_M_MONITOR.
As I understand in 'monitor' mode no packets are being sent or received.
When I try to turn it off with 'ifconfig ath0 -monotor' interface still seems to stay in monitor mode.

Why wouldn't -monitor turn monitor mode off?

Yuri
Perhaps it is just a typo but shouldn't it be 'ifconfig ath0 -monitor' instead of 'ifconfig ath0 -monotor'