In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Antoine Jacoutot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> On Thursday 27 February 2003 17:35, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > I'm using magicfilter+stp to print to an hp desktjet with good results.
> > You don't have to convert to magicfilter (though it's much nicer than
> > apsfilter, but harder to install),
> I just followed the Handbook... ;-)

I know. The handbook walks you through the easiest
install. Magicfilter is a much less cpu-intensive solution, and
includs the ability to print things you can't print with apsfilter.

> > but trying the stp driver instead
> > of hpijs may be worthwhile.
> yes, but I do not seem to have it...

The stp driver is part of the ghostscript port. You'll have to
reinstall the ghostscript port, and select that driver on the driver
selection setup.

> What is strange is that hpijs under Linux use to be great for photo printing,
> and I know this is not OS related, I am so lost.

Others - or maybe it was you - have reported this problem. I may take
a look at the hpijs port if I have time later today.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          http://www.mired.org/consulting.html