Nikolaj Thygesen wrote:
Hi list,

I've been experimenting and googling for hours w/ no luck. All I want to do is run dhcp and then replace the ip address of the interface with a new static ip afterwards. I've been looking at the /etc/dhclient.conf man pages, but they don't seem to help. I can do it from rc.conf like:

   ifconfig_em0="inet 1.2.3.4"

but then I loose all the other dhcp parameters like dns and stuff. Is it really that hard???

   thanks - Nikolaj

Is there a reason you don't set /etc/resolv.conf to static nameservers as well? Also does not fixed-address lease give you what you want?

--
Adam Vandemore
Systems Administrator