Johan Hendriks wrote:
How can i in vi set a # on multiple Lines to comment out some text.

I know it must be a simple thing but i can not seem to get it right.

Like in a config file i have the following

define service{

        use                     generic-service

        host_name               w2003hk03

        service_description     Explorer

        check_command           check_nt!PROCSTATE!-d SHOWALL -l Explorer.exe

        }

And now i want to set a # to all the 6 lines.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=comment+multiple+lines+in+vi

Don't take this personal. I've been dying to use that link for over two weeks. Normally my tech support staff provides me ample opportunities, but they have been quiet lately. ;^)

DAve

--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org