> Probably you installed that files _after_ linker.hints is generated,
> just make sure that they are still compatible with /boot/kernel/kernel

Perhaps its a matter of the process we're using. I first install the GENERIC
kernel into the image I am creating:

export DESTDIR=${IMAGE_DIR}
export DIST=/mnt/7.0-RELEASE
pushd ${DIST}/kernels
./install.sh GENERIC
popd

and then I apply our custom kernel:

cd ${IMAGE_DIR}/boot
mv kernel kernel.orig
cd ${IMAGE_DIR}
gzip -d < /mnt2/CUSTOM.tgz | tar xvpf -

The CUSTOM.tgz file was created for me by one of our kernel guys, and I checked
the archive and there is a new linux.ko file in the archive but no linker.hints
file. We don't make any changes to linux.ko but it is likely being recompiled
when the custom kernel is created. So I suspect I can ignore this warning but
am I missing something in the process. When a new kernel is created, is there a
new linker.hints file that should be included in the tarball?