On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:40:11 +0100
Roy Stuivenberg <roys1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I can't seem to get my torrent client working, when ipfw is up.
>
> This rules i use in my script for the torrent client (ktorrent)

Typically you need separate rules for incoming and outgoing
connections, something like this

add  1000 check-state
add  1010 deny tcp from any to any in established

# bittorrent tcp on 14353
add 10801 allow tcp from any to me 14353 keep-state

# allow outgoing tcp
add 50000 allow tcp from any to any out keep-state

BTW if you use p2p a lot then eventually you'll probably want to do
upload prioritisation, and that's a lot easier with pf+altq. I
switched from ipfw to pf a long time ago, and I wouldn't want to go
back.