On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:13:31PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've managed to bork something up badly...
>
> First off, I had earlier today upgrade my src tree with this supfile:
>
> *default host=cvsup11.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=.
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
> src-all
>
> Anyway, I went to do a kernel compile and couldn't get passed 1st base, it told
> me that the config command didn't match up with my kernel sources.

This is because you are trying to build a 5.0-CURRENT kernel on
presumably an older version of FreeBSD.  You can't upgrade this way.

> So, one thing I did was rm -rf /usr/src/sys and then cvsup'ed with:
> *default host=cvsup11.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=.
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
> src-sys
>
> Now I get:
>
> config: ../../compile/ANDY: No such file or directory
>
> Can anyone tell me how to dig my way out of this one?

Again, you're trying to upgrade in the wrong way.  5.0 uses a
different kernel compile directory (../compile/ANDY, relative to the
kernel configuration directory), but your config(8) binary expects it
in a different location.

Are you really trying to upgrade to 5.0-CURRENT?

Kris