Morgan Wesström wrote:

I've put together a documentation, mainly to help myself being
consistent, but your free to look at my examples there and the reasoning
behind it. It's in the "Firewall setup" guide but it's rather long since
I explain in detail every part of the firewall rule set:

  http://homerouters.info/wiki/Main_Page

Be aware that I'm not a very good teacher... ;-)

On the contrary, you're an excellent teacher, and I now have a working pf configuration handling my NAT duties as well as outbound traffic shaping (and handy graphs, too). Thank you very much for the well-written guide!

Jubal