<snip all message>

I worked around in circles again and again today with the same problem.
My problem came down to that the Logitech keyboard/mouse combo (to
single USB receiver) saw the keyboard (by hal) but not the mouse.

Slapping a individual mouse in with the Logitech keyboard/mouse pair (so
1 keyboard, 2 mice) let the 2nd mouse work.

So I don't think the hal has the concept of joining the keyboard and
mouse together to a single usb device.  The pair works beautifully in
the console... so I'm not sure if this is a bug worthy of reporting, or
if I should research it more and try to discover the solution with a
logitech pair that is known to work in the console to work in hal.

Thank you!
$0.02