This sounds like a permission issue. Each user on the sub-folders (folder1, folder2, etc) need to be able to get into the /mnt folder within the OS.

What is the permission on the /mnt directory? Try setting it to 755 and see if that works. Also, you can start pure-ftpd in debug mode to capture the actual error. Look at the pure-ftd.conf file or add the -d option to the daemon for debug information.

-- Jacques Manukyan

Vasadi I. Claudiu Florin wrote:

Hello you gurus :)

I'm using FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE with pure-ftpd (unix/puredb authentification). I need to create 6 ftp accounts for each of the folowing folders, like so:

/mnt
 /folder1
 /folder2
 /folder3
 /folder4
 /folder5

As you can see some folders are inside the "master" folder, thus the issue. I can create (adduser) all users for all folders, but can only connect through ftp with the "master" user (the one for /mnt folder). Have no logs what so ever. Been googleing around a bit but didn't find anything precise.

Any ideeas are welcomed. Thx