Redd Vinylene wrote:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Chuck Swiger <cswi...@mac.com> wrote:

On Apr 21, 2009, at 11:40 AM, Redd Vinylene wrote:

I'm trying to connect to my friend's FTP server but I'm getting a "No
route
to host" when trying from my NAT workstation. It works just fine when I
connect from my NAT server though.

Internet -> NAT server (192.168.187.1) -> NAT workstation (192.168.187.2)

Presumably you should have a default route set?  (Check netstat -r.)  If
not, consider:

 route add default 192.168.187.1

Regards,
--
-Chuck

Yeah, the default route is set. Routing works just fine. In fact, it's been
working for years. It's just this one FTP server that it won't connect to.
For awhile I had been dealing with a sort similar issue....see here:

There where other issues with it as well but that was the most reproducible. Also sshd didn't work to same remote host either. I recently upgraded the server from 6.2 -> 7.1 including updated ports rebuild. That fixed every nagging issue with the system including nat/routing stuff. My best guess is there was some issues w/ pf in 6.2 as no config files for application got changed including fw rules yet now it works.

--
Adam Vandemore
Systems Administrator