Hi, VeeJay--

On Apr 30, 2009, at 12:02 PM, VeeJay wrote:
Guys, I am not very good on freebsd, its you guys who help me to keeping my server up... I hope you can spare a few minutes to sort this problem...

last pid: 19656;  load averages:  1.00,  1.00,
1.00
up 2+05:00:12  19:18:47
3049 processes:2 running, 3047 sleeping
CPU: 12.5% user,  0.0% nice,  0.1% system,  0.0% interrupt, 87.4% idle
Mem: 6253M Active, 3810M Inact, 921M Wired, 128K Cache, 214M Buf, 4683M Free
Swap: 32G Total, 32G Free

PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE SIZE RES STATE C TIME WCPU COMMAND 830 mysql 1500 44 0 1670M 813M ucond 1 0:00 100.00% mysqld

It sure looks like you're running into a system limit with the maximum # of threads available to the mysql process. That's likely to be a consequence of some kind of query deadlock which is causing processes to get stuck and not be able to complete their work, resulting in subsequent requests also blocking until MySQL is no longer able to support more connection requests.

There isn't enough information about what you're doing to really go much further-- something as simple as using MyISAM with full table- level locking versus InnoDB with row-level locking could be the problem, or you might have to take a closer look at the workload and outstanding queries.

Regards,
--
-Chuck