Lars Eighner wrote:
On Sat, 9 May 2009, Matthew Seaman wrote:

I concur. If you do the pkg_info thing and the list of stuff depending on
perl is very short, by all means upgrade before it gets long.
After having some investigation on this subject, it comes clear to me that Perl is a very important part of my FreeBSD. Before that I considered it only as an app, nothing more than that *-) I did the update on a backup server and it took me 5 hours to get this done (going thru a full install of FreeBSD). Rebooted the system and so far no strange side-effects. I will though keep attention on evt. flaws on its behavior, allthough I expect the developer has it throuroughly tested before releasing it.

thanks for sharing,

--
Jos Chrispijn