> On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 05:13, Thanos Tsouanas wrote:
> >
> > Ive never managed to see colored output on an Xterm on FreeBSD..
> > i mean, the -bg, -fg <color> switches work fine...
> > but i cant see the colors of vim, nor when i ls -G etc etc.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> Try changing your TERM to xterm-color.
> -Matt
> --

Hi  yall!

I too, would like to see similar colours to what I used to, when I was
running Mandrake.  For example, you'd get different file types shown in
different colours (when doing "ls") & even in vi you'd get code coloured
in a nice & helpful fashion.  Editing HTML was a joy!

My favoured shell is zsh (it's what we use at work, so I am sticking
with it) & I've searched for some .zshrc examples but not had any great
joy I'm afraid.

Please can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks ;-)

FYI: -

http://www.furrie.net/cgi-bin/uname-a.pl

http://www.furrie.net/cgi-bin/dmesg.pl  (The output of this is a little
worrying...  Eeek!)

http://www.furrie.net/cgi-bin/uptime.pl

http://www.furrie.net/cgi-bin/printenv

Obviously, not all of these are usefull.  I'm learning stuff though :-)

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)