On a FBSD 4.2-RELEASE system - I build Sendmail 8.12.8 from the ports
collection.  It builds and installs just fine.  I follow the directions
in pkg-message.  I set sendmail_enable="no" in rc.conf.

And because my system is < 4.6 I put sendmail_flags="-L sm-msp-queue
-Ac -q1m'

Set the sendmail.sh in /usr/local/etc/rc.d and reboot.  I see sendmail
start as a local package.  I see sendmail running as a process.  I
cannot, however telnet to localhost 25.  Connection refused.

The one thing that throws me off in pkg-message is the statement about
adding stuff to sendmail.mc.  I do not have a sendmail.mc file on my
sysytem.  Where would that live?

What am I missing here?

Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
My two cents:
Even my cleaning lady won't do Windows.

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 0A51 6ED0 4555 5B33  FA68 C75B 865D 83CE