Polytropon wrote:
On Thu, 28 May 2009 16:24:00 +0200, Josef Moellers
<josef.moell...@ts.fujitsu.com> wrote:
The install kernel then boots properly and reaches the "Country Selection".
At that point, no keyboard input is accepted. An optical mouse is off, so I assume the keyboard to be off, too.

Not neccessarily. Check the blinkenlights with caps lock,
num lock and scroll lock (if present).
BTDTNT.
If optical mouse doesn't have any light, it's nearly obvious
that it doesn't get power from the USB port. This doesn't
need to imply that the keyboard is off, too.
Yes, but none of the *Lock key work either.

When trying to install without ACPI, I managed to get past the bridge, but then I got a Fatal trap:

---------------
igb0: Reserved 0x20000 bytes for rid 0x10 type 3 at 0xce260000
igb0: Reserved 0x4000 bytes for rid 0x1c type 3 at 0xce200000
igb0: attempting to allocate 3 MSI-X vectors (10 supported)

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address   = 0x18
fault code              = supervisor read data, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xffffffff803e127d
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xffffffff810d8830
frame pointer           = 0x10:0x3
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                       = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 0 (swapper)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

I'll talk to the BIOS guy again, but if someone has some other ideas, I'd be grateful.

Josef

--
These are my personal views and not those of Fujitsu Technology Solutions!
Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FTS)