I'm not sure this is std yet, but think it is available in gcc.
        If I'm calling funtion bar(char *, char) with one of the args
        incorrect, is there a way to have gcc name bar() in an error message?

        I have a function that I may rename that asks whether or not to
continue
        processing "Y/n", and I type in 'U' rather that 'Y' in the calling
        routine, what's the _MAGIC_ string to use.

        Right now i have something like :

                default_yesno("Continue? [Y/n]? ", 'Y'); and in default_yesno()
                I error check.

        Just to save o/wise time/effort/typing.

        gary

--