--- On Thu, 6/4/09, Wojciech Puchar <woj...@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> From: Wojciech Puchar <woj...@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
> Subject: Re: ISP questions
> To: "Bill Moran" <wmo...@potentialtech.com>
> Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 12:56 PM
> >> 4. What kind of hardware and
> software are you running?
> >>     "Can't provide this, due
> to security reasons."
> >
> > That's the stupidest answer I've heard today.
>
> It isn't that stupid. As many ISPs admins aren't very good,
> they simply
> fear.

  Yeah, most admins just get to set around and do nothing but answer questions
on mailing lists. =) Being short handed, under paid and taking care of the
support overflow. The time I get to tell some "supposed" grad student/software
sales person with a sexy voice. "We don't share that information" makes my day.
Just call me paranoid. lol

Locked into contracts with software venders will make you answer "Info Not
Shared". Unable to make changes while you wait for a patch/fix. "Your the only
one who's found this problem, so we'll wait until the next version to patch
this problem.