On Wednesday 10 June 2009 13:33:19 Martin McCormick wrote:

>       We use both bind and the ISC DHCP server and are very
> satisfied customers. When you use omshell to add a bootP entry,
> it inserts it as a clause in the dhcpd.leases file but you still
> must specify all the parameters yourself.

Perhaps you can use the omapi(3) interfaces. I'm sure the ISC developers would
like to know why you cannot and perhaps provide the interfaces you need. Or
you could wrap omshell with the input you retrieved.
Whichever, it would allow you to get rid of the locks all together by putting
the burden on the DHCP server, rather then a shared client program.
--
Mel