Just wondering what changed with the sound on BSD? My system way back in the 4.x days sounded not too bad... good bass, etc.

After dropping my audio cards for on board audio (intel hda) I noticed the sound was really BAD... tin can, bad separation, no bass at all.

Some time this past week, my audio went from sounding like crap to absolutely phenomenal!!! My sub works again, audio is coming out of the center channel, left and right speakers are not putting out ALL of the sound.

Is it just me? Did I miss a notice about upgrades to the sound drivers? Whatever it is... AMAZING!!!