Chris Rees wrote:
2009/6/26 Kent Stewart <kstew...@owt.com>:
make buildkernel KERNCONF=FREEBSD1 2>&1 |
tee /var/log/build/bkernel-`date "+%Y%m%d-%H%M"`.log

It leaves a complete log everytime I build a kernel. Your options would be
different and I also use csh.

[ch...@amnesiac]~% make buildkernel KERNCONF=FREEBSD1 2>&1 |tee
/var/log/build/bkernel-`date "+%Y%m%d-%H%M"`.log
Ambiguous output redirect.
[ch...@amnesiac]~%

I think you've written that into a script for /bin/sh.

I've no idea how to pipe stderr in csh, but 2>&1 is NOT the way to do it!

% make buildkernel KERNCONF=FREEBSD1 |& tee /var/log/build/bkernel-`date
"+%Y%m%d-%H%M"`.log

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                 Flat 3