Hi,

I am using portmaster on FreeBSD-7.2 to keep my ports up to date. When there are multiple ports to be updated, portmaster will fork off child processes. Does each child start 'make fetch' in the background ? I ask this because the parent process attached to the console reports very low data transfer rates (in the range of 0.7 to 4.0 kBps, while normally I get 30 to 35 kBps).

Further, how can portmaster be tuned to automatically ignore ports which are actually marked as IGNORE in the port directory ? This is not covered in the manpage.

While doing portmaster -a, I have only managed to stop portmaster from building exactly one port specified with the -x option. Can I get to stop multiple ports from being built ? Is there regular expression support for the -x option ?

Thanks for any help.

--
Regards
Manish Jain

Laast year I kudn't spell Software Engineer. Now I are won.