On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:23:02 +0200, Vallo Kallaste <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 12:10:52AM -0800, BSD baby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Browser-based apps are what I do, all day.

And Opera is the best, by far:

http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/?platform=freebsd

FreeBSD native.  Fast. Small. Wonderful font-rendering.
Totally HTML/XML standards-compliant, etc.

If you use the web all day, it's worth paying the $39 USD
to these nice people up in Norway who made this great browser.

(To show my support, I bought 10 FreeBSD licenses.)

I declined my plan to buy licence after I discovered that linux-opera runs under linux emulation faster and takes ~3MB less memory than native version. They have long way to go before I reconsider buying the licence. The system I discovered it on is 133Mhz Pentium, 64MB memory and runs -current, so it's enough slow as it is, and the difference in linux-opera and native version comes out very sharp.

I have licenses for both the native and Linux versions. Another reason to use the Linux version is that there are more plugins available for Linux than FreeBSD. You can also try the Linux version 7 preview, which is not yet available in a FreeBSD native version. It's a preview, so not all capabilities are working, but it does have a perfectly serviceable mail and newsreader in the 4.7MB download.

Jud

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message