Doh.. I meant to add that I have neither of these problems when I hook
my network back up to my old linksys cable/dsl firewall/router.. I am
hoping I can fix this because otherwise it would be pointless to use the
freebsd box as the firewall/gateway, as I don't really want to run
downstairs and make the switch every time I'd like to use usenet or play
a few rounds of bf...