Michelle Konzack wrote:
I am ongoing to install a CWDM (1GE) and DWDM  (10GE)  network  for  the
Alvarion BreezeACCESS VL (38 base stations) and more then  200  Iskratel
FTTH DSLAMS of 96 ports (each with 100MBit, but only one  1GE  Upstream)
each.

So, you'll have 96*200 possible PPP clients. How many concurrent PPP
sessions do you care to support?
And more importantly, how much aggregate bandwidth?

What I now need are a PPPoE Severs (round-robin and loadbalancing) which
must work using FreeRadius and PostgreSQL.

Don't understand what you mean round-robin and loadbalancing?
Read below.

There was someone on the <debian-isp> which  has  suggested  me  to  use
FreeBSD, because the PPPoE it is already build to  authenticate  against
Radius.

FreeBSD has a RADIUS library in base. The two notable users of libradius
are ppp and net/mpd. The only choice in a ISP environment I think is the
net/mpd5 port. Read the outline here:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/net/mpd5/pkg-descr

It is very good and is actually used in large setups.

So, what I like to know is, if I have a 1GE and 10GE network,  how  many
clients can  one  PPPoE  Server  handel  and  what  are  the  CPU/Memory
requirements?

Can't reply, but keep in mind that filling a 10GE pipe is
a hard task on its own.

I *think* having more low fidelity BRASs, will serve your
needs better that a few high fidelity ones.

[snipped]

Note 1: Even if I use a Sun Fire, I would prefer a microBSD
        running from an industrial SD/CF card.

MicroBSD seems OpenBSD based. Can't comment on this.

You can try NanoBSD and TinyBSD which are FreeBSD based and I
believe can fit the bill. These two run with their filesystems
read-only mounted which is ideal for flash memories.

Nikos