Someone previously posted this URL in response to a
question on anonymous FTP:
   http://www.freebsddiary.org/ftp-anonymous.php
But the article requires SUIDDIR which is warned as
being a potential security risk.  Is this a big
concern?  It also outlines a way to prevent uploads
from being downloaded - I do not necessarily want
to go this far.  What I'd really like to do is to
allow the current/actual uploader to do anything to
his uploaded files and directories, but to allow only
downloading by all other anonymous FTP users (including
himself on another connection).

I see I can set various flags on ftpd to disallow
uploading and downloading for anon users altogether,
but that's not my goal.  Anyone?

Thanks.

Walter

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message