I am trying to build my kernel on v5.0 as I did on my v4.5 so that it can
bootup without a keyboard connected and wont unload the keyboard driver. This
is so I can connect a keyboard on the running system and it will work.

I successfully did it by removing the flags for the atkbd which forces the
unload if no keyboard is found. But the new kernel configuration on v5.0 is
different and I can't figure out how to accomplish the same thing.  V5.0
doesn't seem to be documented much and therefore I wasn't able to quickly
figure out how the new configuration works. I'm sure it has to do with using
the *.hints file though but my tries didn't work.

Help!

=====