On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 08:28:34PM +0200, Polytropon wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:05:19 -0700, Gary Kline <kl...@thought.org> wrote:
> >
> >     Well, after umch mucking around, the Brother 5250DN works with
> >     OO and prints in Duplex only if I turn the dialog to OFF where is
> >     say
> >
> >     Duplex                  __ [arrows]
>
> Do I understand this correctly? Duplex works in OO when duplex
> is set to OFF = no duplex? Oh joy of modern software!

        that should have been::

        Duplex                  _OFF_ [arrows]

> This reminds me to a POS program with a very creative
> error handling, it went like this:
>
>       switch error
>       case 1: "printer not connected";
>       case 2: "scanner not connected";
>       case 4: "keyboard not connected";
>       case 8: "some other error";
>       default: "file not found"; (without mentioning which file)

        LMOA! man, that's rich...  sounds like some seriously lazy hacking
        to me... .

> Maybe OO should add something like "In order to activate a
> feature, deactivate it". :-)

        i'm actually starting a ~/.helpOOo file with tricks and tips about the
        program, mostly swriter.  there are some pretty sharp folks over on
        oooforum.org.  luckily:_)

> >     Now that that's resolved, I can change the printer web page
> >     config back to Simplex and everything will be fine.  The King
> >     will be in his heaven; God will be in his Counting_House, &c.
>
> I hope both are well, "up and running". :-)
>
> By the way, long time that I saw someone write "&c.".

        not sure if easier to type "etc." or "&c", given the shift-7 == '&'
        ... but it's different.

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix