Stefan Miklosovic wrote:
hi,

I would like to set some quotas with setquota
on crypted disk with geli, but if I want to do so ->

/etc/fstab
/dev/ad0s2f.eli         /home           ufs
rw,noatime,userquota,groupquota             2       2

/etc/rc.conf
enable_quotas="YES"

I can edit quotas by edquota, but with setquota command it is impossible

~# setquota -u -f /dev/ad0s2f.eli -bh10000 stewe
setquota : /dev/ad0s2f.eli is not a valid filesystem.
Doing the following should work just fine:

~# setquota -u -f /home -bh10000 stewe

does setquota support encrypted disks?
what should I do?

thank you

Setquota supports any UFS based file system it doesn't matter that the disk is encrypted or not. Just run the above command and it should work.

-- Jacques Manukyan