Manolis Kiagias wrote:
Tim Judd wrote:
I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I'm getting <5.0KB/sec for
two separate downloads each download speed for both the XFCE and Gnome
DVD ISOs.

Weird...
I am aware that the site is sitting on wikidot.com, and not on
dev-urandom.com anymore, I was wondering if there's a better place I
can grab them from.  I have someone interested in BSD, and was trying
to download all options and let him pick.

Not really. Only the web pages are on wikidot, the files are still
hosted in dev-urandom.com

With this download, it'll take <ME> a day or more to download it, then
the time to meet up with this guy.

Any light shed on the slow downloads?

Don't know, but if it is not resolved I'll ping Glen Barber who owns
this space.
I can't test the speed right now myself but will do later and report back.

I do have some alternate space as well, so if the worse comes to the
worst, I could upload one of the ISOs there. It is currently mostly full
but I believe I can trash some things.

Thanks again, Manolis for ALL your hard work, it is very much appreciated.

Thanks Tim, I thoroughly enjoyed creating this stuff.

Aloha,

Download was fine from here in Hawaii when I have used it in the past.

I have a 1.5 DSL circuit down. Hawaii is not the fastest place on the planet usually. I would check Tim's provider side. I know of several mainland friends who have slow cable TV lines.

Hope you find the issue and can get it resolved.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +
  < email: n...@hdk5.net >