Mario Lobo wrote:
Is it possible to use a Mac driver on FreeBSD? Has this ever been tried or done? should I bury my hopes?

Mac OS X has a unique C++ driver architecture called the I/O Kit. It's quite unlike the driver systems in any other OSes I've seen.

If you have the source to the Mac driver, you might be able to glean information from it that would help you write a FreeBSD driver. Even better would be to have the hardware specs to your sound board.

Apple has some tech notes on porting drivers from other platforms to Mac OS X. Maybe reading them could give you some insight as to how to port them in reverse.

One doesn't generally port device drivers between such different systems; it's more like doing a complete rewrite.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
m...@prgmr.com

   prgmr.com - We Don't Assume You Are Stupid.

      Xen-Powered Virtual Private Servers: http://prgmr.com/xen