I guess you guys are right.... I opened the box and indeed the CD is connected to the motherboard only via IDE. I am going to find some audio cable and try it.

thanks!

Toomas Aas wrote:

Hi!

also the CD is connected to the sound card because it does work in windows.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the audio cable is connected. If you're using Windows Media Player to play audio CDs in Windows then you may be using the "digital playback" feature, in which case the data is read off the CD via IDE and then fed to sound card.

If you can play CDs in windows using good old 'CD Player' or Winamp 2.7x (not sure about newer versions of Winamp) then we can indeed assume that the audio cable is connected.
--
Toomas Aas | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Be sure to use DEVICE=EXXON to screw up your environment.

-- ------------------------ Giuseppe Pagnoni, Ph.D. Dept. of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences 1639 Pierce Drive, Suite 4000 WMB Bldg., Atlanta, GA 30322, U.S. phone: 404-712-8431 fax: 404-727-3233 e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]