On 2 Oct 2009 , freebsd-questions-requ...@freebsd.org entreated about
 "freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 278, Issue 10":

> Message: 28
> Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 12:22:45 -0700
> From: Gary Kline <kl...@thought.org>
> Subject: NO ONE knows??
>

> so ==nobody== know how to get espeak working with the high-quality
> voices?  hard to believe on this list...

I use espeak, but have never tried to use any other than the stock
voice, it works just fine.  I suspect most other folks have the same
experience.

I use espeak to verbalize warnings and errors from XYMON on the main
server which sits next to me, since I'm not always looking at email.

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research