On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Jacques Henry wrote:

The 19 minutes between when I sent my suggestions and you responded is
hardly enough time to see if ntpd was slewing the time.  Slewing 587
seconds takes days.

The thing is that ntpd is not slewing the time at all, even after several
hours!!

If I may pipe up... Can you not set the clock manually, then let ntpd take it from there? Seems like your clock would become synced a lot faster if it started out "close". Sorry if I'm being naive, but this seemed like the obvious thing to do.

--
Chris Hill               ch...@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]